Quinag guided walks programme 2017 with John Muir Trust
Quinag guided walks programme 2017
29 May – Gaelic in the landscape
A walk through woodland down to the coastline with a chance to explore place names and landscape features in Gaelic with local Gaelic tutor Clarinda.
- Meet at lay-by on B869 above river at Torr a’ Ghamhna, grid ref. NC214323.
12 June – Discover the secrets of Gleann Leireag
Visit ancient dwellings and a mill.
- Meet at layby above house on hill grid ref. NC150314 two miles east of Drumbeg.
3 July – Walk an old route along the south side of Quinag
Explore the wildlife and plants with local naturalist Ian Evans.
- Meet at Layby on A837 alongside Loch Assynt, grid ref. NC202260.
14 August – Mountain walk up Quinag
Join Highland Council Rangers for great views and possible sightings of ptarmigan and eagles.
- Meet at car park north of Skiag Bridge, grid ref NC233274.
- NB Bookings taken for this walk; contact Andy Summers on 01571 844654 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highland Council rates for guided walks apply.
2 October – Nut collection walk.
Working with our partners at Coigach-Assynt Living Landscape (CALL) join us on a foraging walk, collecting seed sources for the native tree nursery.
- Meet at Lochinver car park next to church/bus stop, grid ref NC094227
All walks are led by John Muir Trust staff.
You are responsible for your own safety and that of your children.
Dress appropriately for changeable Highland weather and bring good sturdy shoes/boots and packed lunch/snack. Donations welcome towards these walks except the Highland Council Ranger walk on 14 August.
For further information contact: Romany Garnett on 07947 872226 or email Romany.Garnett@johnmuirtrust.org or go to www.johnmuirtrust.org/events